domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

fact and fiction ..... the two side of the photography

"Milk" - Jeff Wall 1984

It is always difficult to talk about what you think and why does what, at least for me is difficult. That's why I think to start the blog about my project I must raise a reflection on what is photography, I do not intend to do a tedious discussion this style of great authors. Just trying to organize what to me is photography, which attracts me and keeps me from this medium and I love him and sometimes I get to hate it.

This analysis faster than it is for me photography I have chosen the image of Jeff Wall, which is to my mind, one of the photographers who personally influenced me most, but not for his great works, not their images, but rather by the duality impunity with which presents his work. It is a theorist among creators, is a creator among theorists, but not only that, the duality that this man poses goes beyond the theory and practice, duality is an aesthetic and technical, is an intellectual duality.

These dualities are what make your pictures as unique as they are few who pose absolutely everything, even knowing they are able to abstract from the influences and take a new approach, dualities like recreating a scene more typical of snapshot, which a decision made ​​with large format, or ignored aesthetics, thus creating an aesthetic sense of its own that comes complete with the semantics of the message.

So is photography, an elusive lover between reality and fiction, reality,because the lens, cold and calculating, is able to grasp realities that we are not able to contemplate, fiction, plots showed only one alleged fact . But we are not cynics Who is not fascinated by a good photograph?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario